Wednesday, May 10, 2006

watering the inner botanical garden

waterDoing what? I have been painting a lot lately and it seems to yield more pure joy than writing alone. Writing is often a dry, grey-matter activity whereas visual arts give more water to the inner botanical garden and seem to shape that landscape in a different way. So let's just say I am gardening.
What has happened lately? I ran into an old friend ten years after at the nearby gas station. The last time I saw him was in South Africa and I had to make a double take when he called me by an old nickname.
What is that nickname? I am not sure I should say. It is Anna. It has something to do with my full birth name. But sounds a bit pollyannaish.
Was that fun? YES! He is a sweetie. A very intelligent man in his early forties - I'd guess. He just emailed me.
Are you going out with him? Yes, but not in that "going out" sense.
What else?Scott said I should take a second mortgage. I am against them. But he is very sweet and kind.
But if you link to Scott he will find the diary! Yes. It means he can come 'round.
And family matters - do they matter? I am not thinking about it much. Kids are sweet and Nick is not so irritable these days.
That sounds more like it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. But the writing contest was totally from hell.
Do you want to talk about it? Well someone bugged me a lot and that is against the rules! I mean, saying that THIS person should get the credits and not the person right below. That is disagreeing with my judgment and I disliked the tone and copying others in emails directed to me. Grr..
Can't you just get over it? Yes. I have. Now back to artwork! I want to make abstract trees and flowers!

---

Taggies - , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I like the painting.

Take Care
Michael

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Antonia said...

hiya...
sounds like you've a lot going on, but also like you enjoy that painting....
summer greetings from here....

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger ann marie again said...

Hi there!

Yes, I wanted to spare you the details of a contestant.

And I met Marc F. again ten years after... a bit crazy isn't it that he is living right across the street. We have been writing mails - but I think it is just friendly you know!

Yes I am having fun with digital arts and painting and the flowers.... will put new images here for a change...

Take care and summer greetings too!!!

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home