Wednesday, May 10, 2006

oh well I did meet someone...

tree abstractThis is how it goes. You think you are over with 'em guys, You don't give a fuck, and maybe two weeks after the strangest thing arrives on your buggy plate of life.

Not a fly.

I was filling up at the gas station - for what it is worth - and there goes a guy hugging a Christmas tree calling me up. And I turn. He says "Anna". I go - "M... " - with his last name... and think "this is not real this is not really happening" like Tori Amos, it was a long time ago. After all, why should you meet someone interesting but who never came to that African farewell party... ten years after, living across the street? Go figure. I do not know. He was shining in that crowded place. "I wonder why..."

Anyway it is getting interesting. At least something to look forward to. No expectations. The email exchange {maybe 8 back-and-forths just today} was interesting. He is kind. He is not playing hide-and-seek. That was fun when I did not know what I wanted. But. Now. Indifference here - to hell with all that. And that guy there - Mystery games and fake soulmates, and double takes, just the same.

And my marriage, you say? Just the same. I have been tryin' {"back the tears...
"}.for two years, very hard and for four years, trying hard enough. Talk about the kiddies, talk about work, I am not instantly dying but I do expect better from life, because I cannot, will not, and certainly should not "settle for less". I always thought there'd be a neigbor boy. I've written songs about that. The glorious, easy casual way.

But as I say - I may be superstitious - and now who knows who is reading this - I mean not BE nor tagged or linked friendies - I'm still here, not making any dumb efforts and ... just kinda peace, without the grass.


Welcome Meg, Scott, Jason, Sandra, shmamber if you are reading this ...

... this is not always funny but it is my life!


---

I tagged this here --- , , , ,


6 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger jason evans said...

Hi! I found you via the technorati link. Here's a word of welcome to the new blog!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger ann marie again said...

Hi Jason - great to see you... this was nice! I am not always talking about my life, this is my hideout for everything!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Orion said...

Oh, Ann Marie- you are funny, and brilliant, and beautiful and elegant and eloquent and REAL...and I am tickled pink to be here ;-) Kudos on your neighbor boy...for whatever it is...you deserve every happiness!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger ann marie again said...

Hi there Meg ! Great to see you here! I have to come over and say hi...

the neighbor boy from Canada whom I met in ... Africa... then here, he is just wonderful, witty, funny and caring.... weird how it can change so soon!



Ann Marie

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Xanax 2mg cod Celexa information shop qoclick vardenafil on sale Sun life assurance company oaais Bmw india outsourcing Chrysler 35 engine Knowledge programs degrees university articles rainbow vacuum cleaner Buy generic diazepam worldwide Little tits thumbnails Pony hair handbag Discounted life assurance quote london http://www.zyrtec-6.info Degrees online for oil industry retail security systems contact lens Golf course operating expenses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home